C Sparks & Sons Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
C Sparks & Sons Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
The law sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We may rely upon the following legal basis
- Consent - we may ask for your consent (via a tick box/signature) to collect your personal data
- Contract - under certain circumstances we may process your personal data to take steps towards/complete a contract with yourselves.
- Legal Compliance - if the law requires us to we may need to collect and process your data
- Legitimate interests - we may process your personal data without consent if we need to do this for a legitimate reason
- when you visit our website
- when you create an account with us
- when you make a purchase or service in store, by phone or via our website
- when you engage with us on social media
- when you make contact with us by any means with queries, comments, complaints etc
We sometimes need to collect your data in order to fulfil a contract/enquiry with you, to keep you updated if you have requested this, to share offers that you might be interested in or to improve the way that we interact with our customers.
Here is how we will use your personal data and why:
- to process any enquiries that you make we will process your personal data under the basis of legitimate interests and contract.
- to process any orders or payments that you make we will process your personal data under the basis of contract and legal obligations.
- to protect our business, our website and yourself from fraud or illegal activities we will monitor browsing activities under the basis of legitimate interests.
- to deal with any queries, refunds or complaints we will process and store personal data for six months under the legal basis of legal, contractual and legitimate interests.
- to keep you informed via email, text, phone or web we may contact you, we will do this under the basis of consent.
- if appropriate we might process your personal data to share with law enforcement under the basis of legal obligations.
- to process your order/service it may be appropriate to share your data with a third party (e.g delivery companies) otherwise we would be unable to fulfil your request.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes (all data is anonymised) and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Declining cookies may limit the way that you are able to interact with our website.
When someone visits www.sparkstrasnport.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including address, postcode, phone number and email address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your communication and marketing preferences
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information gathered by cookies in your web browser
- your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website. You are not allowed to download or modify it. This may be done only with written consent from us.
We reserve the right to remove this website and its contents at any time. We do not guarantee that our site, or its content will be free from errors or omissions and you accept that such changes may result in your being unable to access our site whilst we are carrying out works. We will not be liable is for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you are an owner of an account on this website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password.
We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in their sole discretion. We reserve the right to suspend any accounts that in our reasonable opinion have failed to comply with any of our terms and conditions.
To improve your experience on this website we may have included links to third party website. Links to third party sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of these linked sites. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Any concerns about third party links on our website should be reported immediately to (email address)
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.